How to Start Selling Medicare Advantage
Thousands of Americans turn 65 every single day. You can leverage this booming insurance market, too. Keep reading for tips on how to start selling Medicare Advantage.
Selling Medicare Basics
Before you can start selling any type of Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan, you’ll need to first complete these requirements:
- State Insurance license
- AHIP certification (America’s Health Insurance Plans)
- Individual carrier certification
Who Is Your Target Market?
While checking off your certifications, you can start honing in on your selling strategy. The first step is narrowing in on who you’re selling to. Baby boomers, yes. But to really sell effectively, get into their mindset and view the sales from their perspective.
- How do they speak?
- What do they value?
- How do they like to be contacted? When, and how often?
- Are they cost-driven, or service-driven?
- What are their other financial considerations?
Keep in mind that selling any type of healthcare comes easier when taking a helpful and educational approach. Never be intrusive with questions or pushy with tactics. They’ll tell you what they need—so long as you ask the right questions. Patrick Rodriguez, President of AGA always says, “If you’re helping, you’re selling. If you’re just selling, you may not be helping”
Why Medicare Advantage?
Understanding the value proposition behind Medicare Advantage will be key in closing your sales.
Generally, the major selling point of Medicare Advantage plans is that they have no or low monthly premiums and they cover more than what Original Medicare does
However, the mark of a savvy agent is the ability to peel apart the plan benefits and apply what’s relevent to the specific person they’re servicing.
Find out the 3 Most Effective Co-op Resources Agents are Using to Increase Leads
The Medicare industry has a strict set of compliance standards to protect consumers. Knowing and following these rules is a must for all Medicare agents.
Set Yourself Up for Success
The Medicare market is an intricate one to navigate. You can take the guesswork out of selling Medicare products by teaming up with an experienced partner.
AGA remains committed to new and experienced agents. As one of the largest Medicare-focused Field Marketing Organizations (FMO) nationwide, we set independent agents on the path to success with:
- A comprehensive co-op program provides personalized marketing resources to build a steady lead pipeline and an opportunity to earn lifetime renewals. We connect you with your target market at the right time so you can shine.
- Strong sales training to refine your selling skills, stay on top of Medicare industry changes, and build a competitive edge.
- Instant access to a technology backbone for your business alleviates the burden of administrative tasks. Leverage your built-in support center to process enrollment paperwork and commissions, generate quotes, and submit applications.
- Flexibility and freedom to establish your business on your time.